We are so excited to spend time together this weekend at Mingus Mountain Camp! I’m including details that will be helpful, but please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
- Check-in Friday evening will be between 6-7 pm. Please come to the Dining Hall when you arrive to get your cabin assignment. If you have to arrive later, that is not a problem, please just let me know. We will gather at 8:00 for Welcome and Orientation.
- There will be no dinner provided on Friday, so please be sure to eat before you come or bring something with you.
- It would be great if you want to bring snacks to share - there is a little kitchen area (fridge, microwave, sink) in each cabin so food can be contained in there. If you want to have snacks in your rooms please bring a cooler or something to store them in so that they are not available to hungry critters.😊
- There will be three meals on Saturday and two on Sunday
- We will provide water bottles for everyone in the cabins
- We will have supplies for s’mores on Saturday evening at the camp fire
- If you have board games that you would like to bring to play that would be great
- Fishing will be available but requires a - see the AZ Game and Fish Dept. Website: azgfd.com to purchase a license online. Also there are limited fishing poles so you may want to bring your own.
- Archery and the Zip Line will be available on Saturday (Time TBD)
What to Pack:
- Towel, washcloth and personal toiletries
- Sleeping bag, or blankets and sheets
- For extra comfort bring an extra blanket to use as mattress pad
- Water Bottles for hiking
- Sturdy Shoes (pathways are rocky). Closed-toe shoes are recommended.
- Hat, Sunscreen, and Chapstick (these are important all year! It tends to be sunny and dry.)
- Warm clothing, Jacket (Evenings could be cool)
Please check out the Mingus Mountain Camp Website: mingusmountaincamp.org to see the activities that are offered and other information.
I’ve attached directions and a schedule that Pastor Dave has put together. We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Friday! Again, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.