We also do not wear sweaters, jackets or boots under costumes because of our climate. We do, however, celebrate Halloween and all it's festivities! At North Scottsdale United Methodist Church, Halloween had evolved into a great family tradition with lots of exciting games, yummy chili, sweet candy, outstanding food trucks, decorated trunks, awesome costumes and great socializing!
We like to celebrate this time of year with the community by inviting them to our TRUNK 0r TREAT. This is a 20 year tradition that our families and the community love! We celebrate on a Sunday evening prior to Halloween. This year that date is October 29th from 4:00pm until 6:00 pm.
The event will begin with carnival games, snow cones and bouncers. Food Trucks and other snacks will be available throughout the evening. Halfway through the event the NSUMC Youth Group will lead children in a costume parade. The night will end with the awarding of trophies for exceptional costumes and decorated trunks, and the highly coveted “Trunk-or-Treating.”
The basic Trunk or Treating guidelines include:
- Wear a friendly costume (please leave the scary ones at home)
- Back your vehicle into a NSUMC parking space
- Decorate your trunk (creativity is good!)
- Set up folding chairs next to your trunk
- Place your treats (candy) in your trunk.
It will be a sweet night of trick or treating planned for children.
- Our mission project this year is to collect canned and dry goods for Vista del Camino Children’s After School Recreation Center in Scottsdale, AZ. We would love if your family could donate canned goods, dry goods, cereal, baby food, diapers and other nonperishable Thanksgiving meal items. All donations can be brought to our Trunk or Treat event (you may also bring items to your Sunday School classroom.).
- We look forward to seeing you and thank you for helping us to TREATING Vista del Camino families to an awesome Thanksgiving!!